Saturday, October 25, 2008

Stressful happiness

So, it seems to be that time of year where the end of the semester isn't yet close, but preparing for the following semester, summer and even my career have landed right in the midst of my current responsibilities. My planner has never been so full of pertinent events and obligations.

My house is back to being messy as I try to clean up my scattered datebook and prioritize. Everyday a new revised to-do list seems to not get smaller, but grows daily as my procrastination is finally taking its toll.

It seems that I was born to write on deadlines, since I can never seem to do anything before I absolutely need to -- but Katy and I think this means we were born to be reporters :) Grants, interviews, homework, essays, blogs, debates, voting and internships -- all demand attention and I'm beginning to wear a little thin.

But you know what? I'd rather be stretched far than wallowing in blissful ignorance and apathy. So, much is going on and while it is all consuming, it is just as rewarding. As I move through life my decisions are more distintly shaping my life and currently I'm on the brink of life altering milestones -- life is happily crazy.

Can anyone else relate?

No comments: